10 August 2014

My Cookie adventure...Swirl Choco Cookies


So after my "Heart Cookies" success, I decided to take this cookie adventure further with my son's request  to make "chocolate ones". I started surfing the internet for chocolate cookies and I came across this  amazing website "SugaryWinzy"; her Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies caught my attention. I came to conclusion that I was going to make it. Here is how mine came out, its not perfect but I will keep trying till I perfect.

Ingredients

6 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
450g unsalted butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla beans/extract
400g sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Method


Place butter and sugar in a bowl; beat until pale and fluffy
Add eggs, vanilla; beat for another minute
Sift in the flour and salt in batches and mix until well combined.
Divide cookie dough into 2, sift in cocoa powder into one; mix until well combined.
Roll out  doughs separately between two parchment baking sheet to form a rectangle shape (Place dough on a parchment baking sheet, cover with another sheet; roll out using a rolling pin or clean bottle).  
Place the rolled out plain dough on top of the chocolate one and lightly press onto it with rolling pin so they merge together.
**Here comes the difficult part**
From one end, start rolling the merged dough to form a log. (I rolled mine with the parchment baking sheet, it was easy)
Wrap with cling film, place in the fridge for about 45 minutes to an hour (can be placed in the freezer as well).
Slice the dough with a knife and place them on baking trays lined with parchment baking sheets.
Preheat oven to 160C and bake for 15 minutes.
Leave to cool...

2 comments: